Sensinode is a pioneer in technology for the Internet of Things, the rapidly evolving world of physical devices and machinery connected through the Internet.
The company's cutting edge solution optimizes Internet access for M2M networks and devices constrained by bandwidth, processing power, memory and power consumption considerations. This enables secure end-to-end Web services through scalable, low-power networks across a wide range of M2M applications, including lighting, asset management, logistics, security, smart grid and building automation.
- Cerca Trova Advisors was retained to assist Sensinode in fundraising and exploring strategic alternatives
- Early on in the process, the company received an exploding M&A offer from ARM with a short time trigger
- Transaction closed in six weeks, in the middle of Finnish summer holidays
- Attractive result for Sensinode’s investors, management team and employees
Cerca Trova Advisors Role
- CTA was the primary interface for all negotiations and led the negotiation process resulting in a meaningful increase in valuation from the initial offer
- Prior knowledge of local tax and structuring issues critical to keeping buyer in the process and smoothing out cultural issues (Finnish summer holidays)
- Rapid close only possible with experienced M&A advisors