Imbera is a leading developer of embedded semiconductor packaging technology, which enables efficient miniaturization and vastly improved performance at a lower cost across a wide range of electronic products and applications.
The technology is particularly important for small portable devices such as mobile phones and wearable electronics where the size and height of miniaturized components has become a decisive factor in creating competitive products. At the core of Imbera’s innovation is the Company’s patented Integrated Module Board (“IMB”) technology, the result of over a decade of research, development and manufacturing process expertise with embedding technologies.
- Catalyst-driven sell-side process with a large universe of potential buyers including all major handset OEMs and suppliers spanning nearly 10 months
- After building interest from multiple buyers over time, auction dynamic created competitive tension to maximize valuation and minimize closing risk
- Attractive result for Imbera shareholders particularly in light of the considerable complexity of the assets and IP
Cerca Trova Advisors Role
- CTA brought in to manage complex, multinational (North America, Europe, and Asia) process, with added split patent family and cross-licensing issues
- Closed the transaction at a considerable premium to the initial offer due to competitive dynamic and negotiations led by CTA
- CTA navigated considerable IP complexity and transactional issues to close the transaction with minimal risk to seller